We would like you to help us tell the story of St George’s Square by sending us YOUR memories, whether from long ago or yesterday. Please use the form below to contribute your stories in words or in pictures.
We are also putting together a book for publication in 2023 and your memories of the Square could be included.
By contributing, you agree to us sharing your contribution with the West Yorkshire Archive Service for preservation and for Huddersfield Local History Society and the West Yorkshire Archive Service to make use of your contribution (duly credited) in whole or in part in its publications and in any related exhibition.
What information do we collect about you?
- The information we collect is your name and e-mail address or contact phone number.
How will we use the information about you?
- We will credit any use of your contributions with your name.
- We may contact you if we require any further details.
How long will we keep the information about you?
- Because we aim to preserve your contributions for future generations, this information will be kept indefinitely alongside the contribution you have submitted (initially by Huddersfield Local History Society and then by West Yorkshire Archive Service).
Can I remove my consent and/or contribution?
- Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation, you have a right to have your personal data erased. In the first instance, you should contact us and we will provide assistance.
- If you also wish to have your contribution removed and it has already been published in print format, it will be removed from any future editions or revisions.
How to contact us
- If you use the form on this page to contribute your memories, a temporary session cookie named OurSquareSession is set. The cookie’s value is a random string and does not contain any personal information.